We’ve decided to begin posting a recipe every month that we are sure you will all love!
The Chiswickbuzz Recipe of the Month for March is from the Chiswick Cook Book Festival using new season rhubarb, brought to us by Fran Warde and can be found in The Ginger Pig Meat Book
Pork Fillet with New Season Rhubarb
Think of this as a more exciting twist on pork with apple sauce! The tangy, sharp flavours of the rhubarb perfectly complement the sweet pork to make a delicious and very simple dish.
Time: 45 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 650g pork fillet
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 175g (6oz) new season rhubarb
- Preheat the oven to 190 oC / 375 oF / gas mark 5. Put the oil in a roasting tin and place in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Season the pork, place in the hot oil, roll to coat, add the rosemary, then cook in the oven for 20 minutes. Turn and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Cut the rhubarb into 4cm (1 1/2inch) lengths, then add it to the roasting tin with 100ml (3 1/2fl oz) water.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes until the pork is cooked through and the rhubarb is tender.
- Remove from the oven, keep warm and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the pork into chunky, juicy rounds and spoon over the soft rhubarb and its juices.
Keep an eye out for our April Recipe of the Month that will be Easter themed!
Photography by Kristin Perers
Check out the Chiswick Cook Book Festival website here.
Check out Fran’s instagram (@franwarde) here.