An Anglo-Catholic Church, St Nicholas is a Grade II listed building on Church Street near to the River Thames. The church tower was built as early as 1416, but the church was rebuilt in 1882 in a design created by architect John Loughborough Pearson, mostly funded by Henry Smith who owned a nearby brewery. There are a number of surviving monuments from the 15th century that remain in the church tower. 


St Nicholas offers traditional services such as mass and morning prayer, children’s activities, baptisms, weddings and funerals as well as community activities and outreach projects to involve everybody in the area